17.11.21

Tartan Army

tartan (3)

I’ve written before about my love for the Teahouse Dress pattern from Sew House Seven Patterns, and you can see the dresses I’ve made from it here and here. I had been wanting to sew up this tartan fabric for a while now and the notion took me to use it to make a short version of the Teahouse Dress. Really pleased with the result, even thought the front facing is slightly pulling on the princess seams in so they don’t sit as fully flat as I would like. After some unpicking I got it to sit a bit better.

I think it looks really nice with the black waist ties. I also did that thing of diving into a project without fully thinking if the fabric was appropriate for the pattern. As I was cutting out the pieces I realised I would need to make a big effort to pattern match the tartan fabric as much as possible but it was quite tricky with the princess seams, but I enjoyed trying and I think the result is ok!

As a Scottish person living in another country, I am hesitant to walk around in a tartan dress, but I also love tartan and I’m half Belgian now so I’m allowed to. 🙂

6
7
tartan (1)
DSCF0821

No comments :

Post a Comment