21.7.17

Thanks, Anneke!

IMG_2601

IMG_2593
This bodice for this fancy-pants dress was drafted using this wonderful tutorial from Anneke Caramin's super blog! Seriously, if your basic block is just itching to be manipulated and you've got dart rotation on your mind then WAIT NO MORE! Anneke has done a handy tutorial on her blog post which is really easy to follow. Thank you so much, Anneke!
I followed Anneke's tutorial for the bodice and waistband but I changed it up a bit by just adding a simple circle skirt. I made this dress to wear to my friend Catriona's wedding in St. Andrew's in May and it was a fun dress to wear for ceilidh dancing!
IMG_2596
IMG_2602
IMG_2599
IMG_2604
I was having too much fun at the wedding to have the foresight to take pictures of me wearing the dress where you can properly see it but here is a shot of my friend Grace and I showing off our shoes among some confetti just to prove I did actually wear the dress to a wedding! DSCF2372

No comments :

Post a Comment